Thread poster: Marzia Colecchia

Marzia Colecchia  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:46
French to Italian
+ ...
May 11, 2009

Dear all,

I don't know exactly why, but I keep on having the same problem while cleaning up documents with Trados Workbench.
The new error says: "Error while converting to Word document:end tag does not have a matching start tag".
I can understand the meaning of the sentence, but I am quite confused about HOW it happened...my file is a simple Word file, without any particular image or font.

Is there anyone there willing to help me understand why I always have to clean up my documents manually (you may understand, it's very long..)

Regards,
Marzia

avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Verify tags May 11, 2009

You've either added or removed a tag when translating in TagEditor. Run the Tag Verifier to find out where the problem lies!

Marzia Colecchia  Identity Verified
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved May 11, 2009

Thank you Mare Claude for your help!
But in fact I solved it a different way.
I fixed the document, restored the TM, and closed the document.
I re-opened it on my second pc (my first one runs Microsoft Vista) which runs Microsoft XP.
Once the document was opened, it was immediately displayed in the target language and every problem concerning tags disappearedicon_wink.gif
I am amazed about it but worried about how this could have happened...I am guessing Vista got some troubles with my Trados doc?
Question still open...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error while cleaning up a document with TWB

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search