Thread poster: Marzia Colecchia

Marzia Colecchia  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:55
French to Italian
+ ...
May 11, 2009

Dear all,

I don't know exactly why, but I keep on having the same problem while cleaning up documents with Trados Workbench.
The new error says: "Error while converting to Word document:end tag does not have a matching start tag".
I can understand the meaning of the sentence, but I am quite confused about HOW it happened...my file is a simple Word file, without any particular image or font.

Is there anyone there willing to help me understand why I always have to clean up my documents manually (you may understand, it's very long..)

Regards,
Marzia

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxavsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Verify tags May 11, 2009

You've either added or removed a tag when translating in TagEditor. Run the Tag Verifier to find out where the problem lies!

Marzia Colecchia  Identity Verified
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved May 11, 2009

Thank you Mare Claude for your help!
But in fact I solved it a different way.
I fixed the document, restored the TM, and closed the document.
I re-opened it on my second pc (my first one runs Microsoft Vista) which runs Microsoft XP.
Once the document was opened, it was immediately displayed in the target language and every problem concerning tags disappeared
I am amazed about it but worried about how this could have happened...I am guessing Vista got some troubles with my Trados doc?
Question still open...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error while cleaning up a document with TWB

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search