Converting excel files to multiterm format
Thread poster: ikarustercume

ikarustercume
Turkey
Local time: 12:05
Tagalog to Turkish
May 11, 2009

I am trying to convert my excel dictionary into multiterm format, whereas i can not find "multiterm convert" in my SDL Trados Synergy 2007 window, though i have multiterm (i think i need to pay extra for multiterm convert , thanks to the marketing policy of Trados!), is there another way to convert "without" using multiterm convert.

Thanks already for any assistance.

Kerem

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:05
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Click Start - Programs May 11, 2009

go to SDL International program group, navigate to Multiterm and voila - MT Convert appears (provided you've chosen it during the installation).
If you don't have it, use repair installation for Multiterm from Control Panel - Software.

After you've got to MT Convert follow those easy steps, desciribed here.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:05
English to German
+ ...
Separate program menu item May 11, 2009

Kerem,
It would have helped if you had specified your software version, as requested on the form to post a new topic. I assume you're using SDL Trados 2007 Freelance. I also assume you're working with Windows XP.

ikarustercume wrote:

I am trying to convert my excel dictionary into multiterm format, whereas i can not find "multiterm convert" in my SDL Trados Synergy 2007 window, though i have multiterm (i think i need to pay extra for multiterm convert , thanks to the marketing policy of Trados!),

You're jumping to conclusions - thing is, you've got it wrong. MultiTerm Extract is a separate application that requires a separate license, whereas MultiTerm Convert is part of the standard MultiTerm installation (again, you did not specify which version of MultiTerm - if any - is installed on your system).

is there another way to convert "without" using multiterm convert.

There's no need to: Go to Start - All Programs - SDL International - SDL MultiTerm 2007 - MultiTerm Convert. The process is described in section 3 of the MultiTerm User Guide.

Regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting excel files to multiterm format

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search