New project requires TM Server - version mismatch help needed!
Thread poster: Nathalie Warner

Nathalie Warner  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:16
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
May 11, 2009

Hi

The client stated that I need to have Trados 7.5 or higher but I only have version 6.5 and I don't want to pay for a new Trados licence.

Is it possible to download a trial version of Trados and use this to complete the project?

I believe there are limits in the trial versions as to how many segments you can translate, is there a way to get around this if I'm using the TM Server, for instance reconnecting to the server after the limit is reached?

My final option would be to buy another program like DejaVuX, wordfast or memoQ, would these allow me to connect to the TM Server?

Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:16
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
TM server and client versions May 11, 2009

Hi,
I think the SDL Trados 2007 Release notes should help provide some of the answers:
http://www.sdltradosjapan.com/LSP/RN/SDLT2007_E.htm

As for using other TM tools to link up to a TM server, this seems unlikely because it would have to support the native files, whereas the other tools usually use TMX as the exchange format.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New project requires TM Server - version mismatch help needed!

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search