Multiterm: Entry screen goes blank when I try to edit, copy or add entries (Problem solved)
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 14:50
Spanish
+ ...
May 12, 2009

I have Multiterm 7.5.0.444 (Build 448). After uninstalling Multiterm 2009, I reinstalled Multiterm 7.5. I had a few problems but I was able to fix them using the knowledge base. Everything seems to work fine, I can load and close termbases, all the fields are properly displayed, I can add terms from Workbench and TagEditor and they're displayed perfectly in Multiterm Desktop.

But whenever I try to add copy, edit or add an entry, the right part of the screen (where each entry and its translation go) goes blank.

This looks like a Java problem, I've already disabled the new Java plug-in. I do have version 6 Update 12 (build 1.6.0_12-b04). I don't know if I need to downgrade my version of Java, and if that be the cause of the problem.

Any ideas?

[Edited at 2009-05-13 07:29 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 22:50
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
No problem with Java May 13, 2009

After reading your posting, I have uninstalled MultiTerm 2009 and reinstalled 7.5 (7.5.0.444 Build 448). And although Java 6 Update 13 (build 1.6.0_13-b03) was installed, there is no problem with opening Termbases. I can also add new terms and edit existing ones.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 14:50
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's weird, albeit not surprising May 13, 2009

Thanks Selcuk for taking your time to try to reproduce the problem, that rules out a Java issue. I'll uninstall and re-install Multiterm again and see it that fixes the problem.

Regards,

Claudia

Edit: Problem solved. Re-installing did it!

[Edited at 2009-05-13 07:28 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm: Entry screen goes blank when I try to edit, copy or add entries (Problem solved)

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search