Winalign 8.0 does not display target language filenames
Thread poster: motuzik

motuzik
Slovakia
Local time: 18:50
May 13, 2009

Hi all,

While editing my alignment project in WinAlign, Version 8.0 I get to see only the source filenames. On the right side of the "Files" tab in the "Edit Winalign Project" window I see a blurr of spaces and dots where the filenames and routes should have been. The left side of the screen displays ok. There is nothing special about the filename structure: "Number(4 digits)_Language code(3 CAPS)" e.g. source file = 2113_ENG.rtf, target file = 2113_SVK.rtf.

Is this a GUI bug or is there a problem on my side?

thanks for help anyone

Matus

btw.
I also do not understand why is the winalign tool suggesting to match non-related files. The files are all sorted alphabetically and they have a structure the analogy of which even a 6-year old would understand, but not the Trados engineers apparently. Nevertheless, the software cannot detect this coherence and aligns files in its own zig-zag way, the files on the bottom with the ones on the top denying the very basics of logic. Why?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-13 13:01 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Winalign 8.0 does not display target language filenames

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search