Thread poster: David MAROTE

David MAROTE
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:14
Member (2006)
English to French
May 13, 2009

Hello

I've just installed TRADOS 8 in a Microsoft 2007 environment and there's a box popping up every time I try to close a Word file (even when I'm not using TRADOS or for that matter Workbench). Does anyone have this problem (I know it's related to the template, problem all too excrutiating in the last version). But why on earth do you have to be subjected to that box popping up ?

Thanks for reassuring me I'm not having nightmares....

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 10:14
Spanish
+ ...
What pop-up box? May 13, 2009

What does the box say?

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:14
English to Czech
+ ...
Template issues May 13, 2009

I suppose you get the following prompt: Do you want to save the changes to the Trados8.dot(m)?"
SDL has an article which deals with this issue on talisma.sdl.com. You might want to check that out. However, their solution may, but may not work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 8

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search