Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:41
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
May 16, 2009

When I glue a group of files for translation I have no choice regarding the file-order? The glue-function in SDL Trados just puts the file in alphabetical order. The same happens when analysing in WB, even if I choose one file after another using the ADD-function, when I export the unknowns after analysis the text is in the alphabetical file order.
I need to translate the files in logical order: Introduction first, Appendix last. So I need to glue the files in that order.

Can I make Trados understand that?

Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:41
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
no show May 16, 2009

Dear Heinrich,

I've asked the very same questions some months ago (http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/128797-trados_glue_sequence_of_glued_files.html): no results. More luck this time, hopefully.

In my experience, Trados Glue is quite unreliable, and as far as I know, it is an unsupported tool. I reckon Trados has a reason for this politic.

Best regards,
Erik

[Bearbeitet am 2009-05-16 08:57 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2009-05-16 08:57 GMT]

Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:41
Dutch to English
+ ...
Are you trying to glue Word files? May 17, 2009

Which Word version are you using?
I use Office 2007 and you can actually glue Word files together in Word: Insert -> Text in file
But you have to do it one by one to do it in your preferred order. This may not be practical if you have many files.

Another option is to rename your files:
a xxx
b xxx
c xxx
etc.
in the order that you want them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get file-order right?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search