Multiterm termbases disappeared after installation of new Trados/Multiterm version
Thread poster: Attila Piróth

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:52
English to Hungarian
+ ...
May 18, 2009

I have recently upgraded to a new version of Trados (FL 2007 Suite, from FL 2006). First Multiterm 2007 did not work properly with Trados Workbench, so I uninstalled and then reinstalled Multiterm 2007. And now I cannot find my termbases. I can find the Multiterm project files (xdp) but if I open them there are no termbases in them -- which was not the case before reinstallation. I have never paid particular attention to the physical location of those databases -- and now I cannot find them.

Can anyone help? (OS: Win XP, SP 2.)

Kind regards,
Attila

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You should have backed them up May 18, 2009

MT termbases are located in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\sdl international\multiterm\termbases
Your old termbases should be there in a folder called Backup
Open the MTMaster.mdb in Access - you'll find a table with the real names and display names of your termbases there including the paths where they should be stored.
This should allow you to restore your termbases.

Best
Jerzy

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Jerzy May 18, 2009

Thank you very much, Jerzy,
Some of the termbases were indeed in the folder that you indicated -- others were in other folders but your tip helped to locate them.
Kind regards,
Attila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm termbases disappeared after installation of new Trados/Multiterm version

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search