Can't import a memory file...
Thread poster: m_laura_suarez

m_laura_suarez
Argentina
Local time: 03:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 21, 2009

I'm trying to import a memory into my Trados 7 but I simply can't do it since my "import" option under the "file" menu of my Workbench is in grey color, not available (as well as export). How can I solve this? I tried so many things... none worked.

Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 09:32
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Read Help. May 21, 2009

You cannot import nowhere.
First create a new memory. Assign languages. Then import into it.

xxxOlaf
Local time: 08:32
English to German
You need to open the existing TM exclusively May 21, 2009

If you do have a TM you'll need to close it and re-open it with the Exclusive check box enabled. This will enable the Import and Export options.

Olaf

Adriana Basilio  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
Try this May 22, 2009

Dear Maria Laura,

Create you memory and then import the memory into it like Sergei said. However, when opening a memory, check the option "exclusively" in the "open translation memory" window. You will have all your import/export options available.

Good luck!icon_smile.gif

m_laura_suarez
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 22, 2009

Thank you all! Yesterday I tried to say thanks to Sergei but the forums system was down at that moment.
Thank you, all of your replies have been very useful!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't import a memory file...

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search