Thread poster: Albana Dhimitri

Albana Dhimitri  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:59
Greek to Albanian
+ ...
May 22, 2009

Hi all,

I have finished the translation of a .doc text in Tag Editor and saved the bilingual file. But, when trying to save the target file, I get a nonsense (non letters - just rows of squares) file. This is the first time it happens to me and I don't know what to do.

Thank you for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:59
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Try using 'Translate' May 22, 2009

Since you have your translations in the TM, you could use Tools > Translate in Workbench to translate the file automatically, and it might work. You need to select 'Tradostag XML workflow for Word .doc files' in Translation Memory Options > Tools first.
It is also possible that your file is OK, but the font has been changed to something useless.

Albana Dhimitri  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:59
Greek to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Adam! May 22, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to help with your suggestion! Let me try it and see what happens.

Best wishes,
Albana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor not saving the target version

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search