Issue with Maltese characters in TM
Thread poster: newtotrados

newtotrados
Local time: 06:13
May 22, 2009

Hi

When i clean Maltese translated RTF files to a new TRADOS TM, i am seeing corrupted characters for ġ, ħ, ż, ċ, thse are displying as g, h,z,c.

Anyone know what the problem may be.

Thanks

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
What version are you using? May 22, 2009

Hello,

Which version of Trados are you using?

Can you see the special characters in the document before cleaning up?

Assuming it is a version which supports Maltese (6 or higher), double check that the translation memory has Maltese as source or target.

The reason could also be in the font and styles used in the document. You might want to change the font to Arial or Times New Roman before the clean-up.

Daniel

newtotrados
Local time: 06:13
TOPIC STARTER
Characters are OK in the files May 22, 2009

Hi

I an using TRADOS 8 and the un-clean RTF files disply the character OK. It is wehn i clean the files that the character corruption occurs in the TM and in the clean file.

I have also set the target language of the TM to Maltese before cleaning.

Do you think changing the font may help.

Do you know if TRADOS has issues with Maltese characters. The reason i am asking is our Maltese translator seems to think this is a TRADOS issue.

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issue with Maltese characters in TM

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search