Thread poster: Ana Carneiro

Ana Carneiro  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:33
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 24, 2009

Hello everybody,
Could anybody tell me, which is the best version of Office 2007 to work with Trados 2007?
I have a client who uses Office 2007 and I am having an increasing difficulty to open some of his documents, especially if they are very complex. Besides, I understood that this version of Office has some useful tools for tracking changes that are not present in Office 2003. However, I'm really afraid of changing to a software package that seems to have a lot of problems (I made a search in this Forum, and most of the news were not that pleasant, although they were a little bit old – 2006 and 2008).
I am not a computer expert, so here are some

Technicalities:
I never upgraded my version of Trados 2007
My system is Vista Service Pack 1
2 GB ram
32 bits (whatever this means)

TIA

Ana

Fazil Aktekin
Turkey
Local time: 06:33
English to Turkish
+ ...
Convert the docx file into Office 2003 doc file (accept all warnings) May 25, 2009

then work on your translation. After generating the translation, re-convert the doc into 2007 format. Make necessary layout correction manually. This is a compatibility problem between SDLX and Office 2007 as usual.

Ana Carneiro  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:33
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's what I do, and it's a time consuming task. May 26, 2009

Fazil Aktekin wrote:

then work on your translation. After generating the translation, re-convert the doc into 2007 format. Make necessary layout correction manually. This is a compatibility problem between SDLX and Office 2007 as usual.

Thank you Fazil.
So basically what you are saying is that I can avoid put some more money into Mr. Gates pockets and save myself from a lot of trouble and spending a lot of moneyicon_smile.gif.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office 2007 and Trados 2007

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search