Thread poster: Ana Carneiro

Ana Carneiro  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:48
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 24, 2009

Hello everybody,
Could anybody tell me, which is the best version of Office 2007 to work with Trados 2007?
I have a client who uses Office 2007 and I am having an increasing difficulty to open some of his documents, especially if they are very complex. Besides, I understood that this version of Office has some useful tools for tracking changes that are not present in Office 2003. However, I'm really afraid of changing to a software package that seems to have a lot of problems (I made a search in this Forum, and most of the news were not that pleasant, although they were a little bit old – 2006 and 2008).
I am not a computer expert, so here are some

Technicalities:
I never upgraded my version of Trados 2007
My system is Vista Service Pack 1
2 GB ram
32 bits (whatever this means)

TIA

Ana

Fazil Aktekin
Turkey
Local time: 06:48
English to Turkish
+ ...
Convert the docx file into Office 2003 doc file (accept all warnings) May 25, 2009

then work on your translation. After generating the translation, re-convert the doc into 2007 format. Make necessary layout correction manually. This is a compatibility problem between SDLX and Office 2007 as usual.

Ana Carneiro  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:48
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's what I do, and it's a time consuming task. May 26, 2009

Fazil Aktekin wrote:

then work on your translation. After generating the translation, re-convert the doc into 2007 format. Make necessary layout correction manually. This is a compatibility problem between SDLX and Office 2007 as usual.

Thank you Fazil.
So basically what you are saying is that I can avoid put some more money into Mr. Gates pockets and save myself from a lot of trouble and spending a lot of moneyicon_smile.gif.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office 2007 and Trados 2007

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search