mpazolivares
Mexico
Local time: 18:05
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 24, 2009

Please, I need help with the Analyse tool:
In order to count the words that I translated ( no match, fuzzy match and 100% match, etc) Is it necessary to Add the Save as bilingual XML or the save as target XML? or both? Wich one?
I don´t now how to count the words and therefore charge for my work.
Thanks a lot!!!!

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 01:05
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
TWB > Tools > Analyse May 25, 2009

Good morning Maria,

simply launch TWB & open the TM, click on Tools > Analyse and "Add" your ttx **before** you translate the text. Analyse counts the source words. You can count words even adding the xml. If you have already translated the file, open the original TM sent by your client, so that you get a correct word count.

Giuliana

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Not for XMLs May 25, 2009

Hi Maria,
the process Giuliana described is generally okay, but not for XMLs. If you run an analysis directly on XMLs, Workbench will also count tags as words, which is probably not what your client wants.
Therefore, I suggest that you first create TTX files (open the XMLs in TagEditor using a suitable tag settings (INI) file and hit File > Save bilingual as...) and run the analysis on the TTX files.

[Upraveno: 2009-05-25 07:58 GMT]

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
To elaborate on what Giuliana wrote May 25, 2009

If you are paid by the translated, and not source word (or characters/pages), you can:

1. Save as target your TTX files (or, if there are a few of them, just use Clean from Translators' Workbench - you'll get XML and TTX files). The only difference here is that if you clean up your TTX files, the TM will get updated with edits that you may have made without the TM.
2. Create a new TM, this time with the languages reversed.
3. With that TM opened, go to Tools > Analyse, enter the path and file name of your analysis log, and analyse the target XML files.
4. You can either use this log file, or just take the total wordcount from it and use the percentage match and repetition values from the original analysis log. This is because similar sentences in one language don't have to be similar in another.

HTH

mpazolivares
Mexico
Local time: 18:05
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot May 25, 2009

It was very helpful!!! Thanks for your answericon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor Analyse tool

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search