Lucrecia Giorgi
Lucrecia Giorgi
Argentina
Local time: 12:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 26, 2009

Hi everyone!
I wonder if you can help me out this technical problem. I am trying to use Multiterm 7 desktop for a project but it doesn't work. Actually, I was not able to use it (been working with MT 5.5) in the past.
When I try to create a new termbase, I follow the route CREATE TERMBASE and select the folder to store it, an error message pops up "CLASE NO REGISTRADA".
I have uninstalled and installed it several times but it won´t work.
Any idea of what could possibly
... See more
Hi everyone!
I wonder if you can help me out this technical problem. I am trying to use Multiterm 7 desktop for a project but it doesn't work. Actually, I was not able to use it (been working with MT 5.5) in the past.
When I try to create a new termbase, I follow the route CREATE TERMBASE and select the folder to store it, an error message pops up "CLASE NO REGISTRADA".
I have uninstalled and installed it several times but it won´t work.
Any idea of what could possibly be causing this?
Many thanks
Lucrecia
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:52
English to Czech
+ ...
Clase no registrada => Class not registered? May 26, 2009

Is that the correct translation of the error message you get?
If so, it seems to me like there are still registry keys entered by MultiTerm 5.5.
I may be exactly wrong, but I would do the following:
1. Uninstall all MultiTerm versions you have installed
2. Clean your registry from all MultiTerm entries
3. Install and register MultiTerm 7.

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Try updating other components May 26, 2009

Especially stuff like .Net Framework, Java, etc. For MS components, you can use Windows Update. After that, try reinstalling Multiterm once again. Also, check your SDL account and Support section for MT patches and fixes. If that does not help, you can still use MT 5.5, and won't miss anything (IMHO), especially if you display terms in TWB.

Lucrecia Giorgi
Lucrecia Giorgi
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mutiterm 7 May 26, 2009

Thanks! I'll try updating those components. I hope it works
Thank you again

Lucrecia Giorgi
Lucrecia Giorgi
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mutiterm 7 May 27, 2009

Hi again

Im afraid the updating + new installation was not successful. It gives me a new error message now..PUNTERO NO VALIDO or MAKE SURE MULTITERM SEVER IS RUNNING. Actually, I am not sure what you meant by Multiterm registration or patches. Are we talking about a different step from installation? I guess I will install MT5.5 again.
If you still know any other way out, pleale let me know
Many thanks and I appreciate your previous answers..

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Registry clean? May 28, 2009

Have you tried cleaning the registry? Does "PUNTERO NO VALIDO" mean "INVALID POINTER"? Sorry keeping asking, but Spanish messages won't help so much. I mean they won't help us help you.

[Upraveno: 2009-05-28 00:15 GMT]

Lucrecia Giorgi
Lucrecia Giorgi
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Registering Multi term May 28, 2009

Dear Stanislav
I have uninstalled Mterm 5,5 now.
I think what I am missing for the complete installation is the REGISTRATION. Do you think you can help me to register the product? I would appreciate it.

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Registration May 28, 2009

Hi Lucrecia,
registration here means writing values into the operating system registry. This process is done automatically during MultiTerm installation.
However, in certain situations it may be necessary to perform this registration anew. To do so, browse to your MultiTerm installation folder (typically C:\Program Files\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007\) and launch the file #_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat.

Lucrecia Giorgi
Lucrecia Giorgi
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes May 28, 2009

It means INVALID POINTER and CLASS NOT REGISTERED. I dont know how to register or clean the register...Any help?

Lucrecia Giorgi
Lucrecia Giorgi
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi again Stanislav May 28, 2009

Yes, that is what I have done. I have registered it following that path and also the one at : STart >Trados> Register, and it won't work. I guess I will unisntall the whole package and and reinstall it back.
Thank you very much for your help!! And Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create new termbase in Trados Multiterm 7

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »