Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:14
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
May 27, 2009

I'm preparing an excel file for import into MultiTerm. There are a lot of empty rows in the material, so I would like to know if these are allowed or not. If not, do you know of a method for removing empty rows in an excel spread-sheet?
Regards
Heinrich

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-27 19:06 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2009-05-28 00:16 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:14
English to Czech
+ ...
Don't know exactly, but... May 27, 2009

... I always delete them by right-clicking on the row number > Remove in the context menu.

As for MultiTerm, the worst-case scenario is that empty rows will be imported as empty entries. No personal experience though.

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:14
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not allowed May 27, 2009

Empty rows are not allowed in Multiterm. I would recommend you to sort the first column in alphabetical order, that will send that column empty rows to the end. Now you can proceed with the wizard.

Kind regards

Clarisa

[Edited at 2009-05-27 22:40 GMT]

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:14
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 28, 2009

Manually deleting was not an option, because there are 4000 entries. But also sorting was not possible, because I need to keep the current order for other reasons. Now I aligned the two columns and got a table without empty rows. Hope Multiterm will except it now!

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:14
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
But you can save the file with another name May 28, 2009

and use it for your multiterm purposes. And keep the original.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are empty rows allowed for MultiTerm?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search