Eloïse Notet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:09
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
May 28, 2009

Dear friends,

I have a new computer and have reinstalled sdl trados on it.
Unfortunately, I have a problem with the license activation (my code on the web site).

I can read the message:

“The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 5828-283169 (Error code 50040)”

What is wrong? Did I install to much features?

Does veryone know how to fix the problem (what to suppress) ?

Thanks in advance!

Eloïse

Direct link Reply with quote

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 06:09
English to Portuguese
You have to request another license at SDL/Trados May 28, 2009

Hi Eloise

This is a rather common mistake/problem. When you install Trados, your PC receives and stores a special code indicating it is registered at SDL. If you reformat your machine's hard drive (updating hardware, damage or reinstalling everything), that code is overwritten and, when you reinstall Trados and try to activate it, they think you are trying to license an additional copy on another machine.

That's why you have to, before doing anything to your computer, click on "RETURN THE LICENSE", a button in Trados License Manager. When you return the license, Trados knows you will be installing the software again, and allows another activation. It cancels that code it has sent to your machine, you do whatever you want with your PC (or move to another one) and then you can reinstall it.

I have lost my code due to hard drive crashes twice. I sent an e-mail to Trados Support, attached the PDF of my purchase invoice and explained the problem. They almost immediately generated another code, sent it by e-mail and registered it in My Account/My Licenses page.

Cheers

Edric

Albert Golub  Identity Verified
English to French
see this page May 28, 2009

and maybe contact the person who posted the question to see if he could solve the issue

http://jpn.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/130780-installation_of_trados_on_two_computers_on_a_single_license.html

et aussi

http://fra.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/135050-deleted_trados_without_returning_activation_code.html

[Edited at 2009-05-28 12:33 GMT]

France
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 28, 2009

Thanks Edric for this solution.

I am trying to find the trados manager on my comptuer, but cannot find it. Could you tell me where I can find it?

I had a look on the sdl web site but did not find any info.

Thanks in advance for your response!

And thanks to Albert for his help too

France
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another problem.. May 28, 2009

I found easily the trados manager, but the problem is that "Return the activation code" appears in grey, and cannot be clicked on.

I think this is due to the fact that I did not return the code before changing computer. Other problem: my old hard drive has been formatted, so that I cannot try to install it again and return the code.

I tried to send a message to sdl, let's see when they answer..

Has perhaps someone another solution?

De-install trados on my laptop?.. but the problem will be the same when using it..

Thanks in advance for your suggestion...

Eloïse

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 06:09
English to Portuguese
Gotta call the guys at SDL and ask for a replacement license... May 28, 2009

Enotet wrote:
I found easily the trados manager, but the problem is that "Return the activation code" appears in grey, and cannot be clicked on.
I think this is due to the fact that I did not return the code before changing computer. Other problem: my old hard drive has been formatted, so that I cannot try to install it again and return the code.
Eloïse

That's exactly it, Eloise...

It is grey because you don't have the license anymore. It is not there (in the hard drive) because it's been formatted, and all data's been lost...

No workaround here. Gotta call the guys at SDL...

Just ask them, they're fast. Of course, attaching the PDF invoice speed things up...

Good luck

Edric

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

license activation problem

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search