S-Tagger v8 support Framemaker 9
Thread poster: newtotrados

newtotrados
Local time: 12:45
May 29, 2009

Does anyone know if S-Tagger for Framker version 8 support Framemake 9 MIF files.

When i try to convrt i get an error "incorrect MIF version (not 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0 or 7.0)"

Olaf (X)
Local time: 13:45
English to German
Change the version number in the header May 29, 2009

AFAIK, the mif format hasn't changed much in each new version. You could try to simply open the .mif file in Notpad and change the version number in the first line to <MIFFile 7.00>. Make sure to run some tests to make sure that nothing gets lost when you convert the files back to .mif.

Olaf

[Edited at 2009-05-29 17:55 GMT]

newtotrados
Local time: 12:45
TOPIC STARTER
Do i need to upgrade to Trados 2009 May 29, 2009

Thanks for the suggestion.

I need to know if it is supported or if if ther is a TRADOS service pack that i can install or do i need to upgrade to TRADOS 2009.

Thanks

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:45
English to Polish
SDL Trados 2007 = MIF8 May 30, 2009

As far as I know, SDL Trados 2007 supports only MIF8. FrameMaker 9 will probably be supported in Studio 2009, but I am very unhappy that probably the best piece of package, S-Tagger, will be removed from Studio. I wasn't happy with recent attempts to extend its features (very long story with first two or even three builds/hotfixes for S-Tagger that simply didn't work properly) and I am not happy with MIF support in Studio (so far).

Anyway, S-Tagger was very reliable piece of software for surprisingly long timeicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

S-Tagger v8 support Framemaker 9

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search