Trados 2007 analyses .ttx files and reports 100% matches but this is wrong!
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie

Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:55
French to English
May 29, 2009

Hello I've just analysed 2 TagEditor (bilingual, of course) files and both of them come up saying 100% match all words, and I know this isn't the case for either of them! Can anyone suggest why this is so or if there is another way to analyse these files? Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
bilingual? May 29, 2009

Hello Jenny,

err... bilingual? Sorry, silly question, but as you say bilingual, I'm wondering whether you are analyzing the files *after* having translated them with the TM you used for the translation...? If not, I have never had TWB coming up with (non-existent) matches.

?

Giuliana

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
so what do I do??!! May 29, 2009

Thanks Guiliana, oh yes I see what you mean and I feel daft now! So what do I do? I did that on the basis that it's an "unclean" file and though I can see it's wrong from what you say, what do I do???!!! (Have had a hard week and my brain is not functioning very well)

Thanks for your help!!

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
clarification May 29, 2009

I mean, yes I'm trying to analyse them after I've translated them, because with Word files I analyse the unclean files, after having translated them, so I thought this would work along the same priniciple with the Excel files!!

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Why would you? May 29, 2009

Just out of curiosity: Why this sequence of steps?
Why don't you analyze them first and then translate them?

I hope you know that the number of words stays the same, only that after translation, they're all in 100% matches.

After the translation is complete you cannot find out any more how many words you had to translate anew and how many were in the various match categories.

Regards,
Benjamin

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Analyze the original ttx/re-import the files into TE & analyze them with the original TM May 29, 2009

Hi Jenny,

copy the original ttx you have received from your client in a separate folder (or import the original file into TagEditor anew & save it) & open the original TM received from your client and analyze the files again.

I am a little bit surprised to read that you analyze bilingual (translated or only pre-translated / pre-segmented?) *docs and get a correct analysis... I mean a pre-translated bilingual (meaning that only fuzzy/100% matches are inserted via "Translate") or a pre-segmented (= "segment unknown sentences", sometimes a must in order to avoid some little troubles or if the file is then imported into another CAT) file would do, but no way a translated....

Giuliana

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
error in analysis Jun 10, 2009

yes I realise I meant I have analyzed the source files but had the problem with TagEditor but have solved it now, thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 analyses .ttx files and reports 100% matches but this is wrong!

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search