Pre-segment and leave target empty if no 100% match available
Thread poster: Vitor Souza

Vitor Souza
English to Portuguese
May 31, 2009

Hello,

I want to create and pre-segment TTX files that I will subsequently translate in MemoQ (more details here: http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/136360-bungled_tables_in_bilingual_files.html - but my last post has not been approved yet). In my attempts so far, Trados always copied the source segment into the target when there was not a perfect match. I find it bothersome because I have to delete those before I can start translating. How should I proceed if I want Trados to translate segments with 100% matches only and leave the rest empty? I was not able to find anything useful in the documentation.

Thank you.

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:39
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
I don't think you can pre-segment and have the target empty May 31, 2009

What you can do is translate the files at 100% and uncheck "Segment unknown sentences". That will do what it actually saysicon_smile.gif - only 100% matches will be inserted, and the rest will remain untouched (and unsegmented).

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 08:39
Spanish
+ ...
I'm not sure May 31, 2009

I don't think that's the default action. Have you tried to disable 'Copy source on no match' in Workbench (Options>General>Switches>Copy source on no match).

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:39
English to Czech
+ ...
TTX for MemoQ May 31, 2009

Hi Vitor,
AFAIK, if you want to translate a file in MemoQ, you have to have source segment copied into targets anyway. Otherwise the TTX import into MemoQ might not work. At least this was the case in older MQ versions.

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:39
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
"Delete Target" in MemoQ Jun 1, 2009

This will of course delete the 100% matches as well, but they will be re-inserted later from the tm.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pre-segment and leave target empty if no 100% match available

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search