Error calling method ‘TranslationMemory.SettingsProject.Load’ + error 50251
Thread poster: UrsaMaior

UrsaMaior
Local time: 03:59
Jun 4, 2009

Hello !

The following message appears when I open SDL Trados 2007:

Error calling method ‘TranslationMemory.SettingsProject.Load’ with arguments: [C:\Users\Translation\AppData\Local\Temp\projectSettings.wps]

Then, when I click on the file I want to work on, in the Translator's Workbench window it says:

(50251): No translation memory has been opened.
I can still open the translation memory manually by going in "File" + selecting the right memory.

Though Translator's Workbench opens automatically as usual, I have to open Tag Editor manually, by right-clicking on the file and "Open".

Then, I cannot edit the translation because none of the usual buttons (Open/Get, Set/Close, Set/Close next Open/Get) are available, except for "Open".

Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks in advance!

Cheng Peng  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 09:59
Member (2010)
English to Chinese
+ ...
cause and solution to your problem Jun 5, 2009

I guess the problem is that [C:\Users\Translation\AppData\Local\Temp\projectSettings.wps] does not exist.

Please try to open the TM you need in Workbench with "exclusive" option selected, choose "Settings => Project and Filter Settings", then click the Load button to find and select the wps file you need.

UrsaMaior
Local time: 03:59
TOPIC STARTER
thanks... Jun 5, 2009

...for your reply!

I will try this when I'm back at the office on Monday.

Take care.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error calling method ‘TranslationMemory.SettingsProject.Load’ + error 50251

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search