Thread poster: hetongzhi

hetongzhi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:43
Member (2008)
Finnish to English
+ ...
Jun 5, 2009

I am trying to start to use this software and immediately came to the first hurdle: there are 5 languages listed as target languages, none of which is English. I only need English as a target language but can't get rid of these or add English.

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuseppe Medico  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:43
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Target languages during installation Jun 5, 2009

In the Freelance version of Translator's Workbench, there are only five languages, with their sublanguages, in the source and target lists. These are the languages that you selected during installation, so I think you should re-install Trados choosing English between the 5 languages in the installation wizard.

United States
Member (2008)
Finnish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Downloading Again Jun 5, 2009

I'm sure I didn't want these languages to be my target, as English is the only one I use. I am redownloading the entire program, as I don't know any other way to reinstall. There ought to be an easier way to handle this. The demo shows when you start a project that you have access to all languages; that obviously isn't so

[Edited at 2009-06-05 18:57 GMT]

United States
Member (2008)
Finnish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Downloading Again Jun 5, 2009

I'm sure I didn't want these languages to be my target, as English is the only one I use. I am redownloading the entire program, as I don't know any other way to reinstall. There ought to be an easier way to handle this. The demo shows when you start a project that you have access to all languages; that obviously isn't so

Now I find the downloading didn't help because I already hsve the program on my computer and it won't install over it

[Edited at 2009-06-05 19:31 GMT]

Mark Cole  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:43
Polish to English
+ ...
It doesn't make any difference Jun 6, 2009

Just pretend one of the target languages is English. All it means is that that country's flag will appear at the bottom of the dialogue box, the rest is whatever you put into your translation memory. That's my experience anyway, working from more than the five languages allowed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting Proper Target Language in 2007 Freelance

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search