Thread poster: Mara Ballarini

Mara Ballarini  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 06:19
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 6, 2009

Hi! It may be a silly question but I can't get my head around it. Is the license for Multiterm the same as for Trados? I have Trados Suite 2007 (installed since it came out) with all its features - I hope that when I installed it I did everything right, I always just try to follow the instructions, but you never know.... Trying to use Multiterm extract it tells me that it cannot locate my license. In licence manager I checked and tested my licenses, no problems with workbench and SDLX nor with WinAlign or Tageditor, but once again it says it cannot locate my Multiterm license. I don't really know how these things work, but in the list of available licenses there's Multiterm Desktop, Version 8.0 - shouldn't this mean that I have that license? where could it be located? If it's separate and located somewhere else, once I find it and indicate its path, is there anything else I should do?
Thank you for any help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Hélène Leroy
France
Local time: 22:19
English to French
+ ...
Same problem Jun 6, 2009

I have this problem too... Does anyone have an answer ?

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Did you purchase a license? Jun 6, 2009

Did you purchase a separate license for MultiTerm Extract? AFAIK, you need a separate one to run this application, i.e. you are actualy buying a separate software. MultiTerm (and MultiTerm Convert) is included with Trados, but not MultiTerm Extract.

See here: http://www.translationzone.com/en/products/sdlmultitermextract/

Mara Ballarini  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 06:19
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I didn't know...but also Jun 6, 2009

Hi Marie-Claude. No, I didn't purchase a separate license, since Multiterm Extract got installed together with the package and I knew that Multiterm was included with Trados when I bought it, I assumed Extract was too. But why then, when I test Multiterm server with the License Manager, it can't locate the license either, whereas it doesn't give me any problems with Workbenck and SDLX and everything else?

S_Angel  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Separate license Jun 7, 2009

Mara Ballarini wrote:

No, I didn't purchase a separate license, since Multiterm Extract got installed together with the package and I knew that Multiterm was included with Trados when I bought it, I assumed Extract was too.

Yes, Multiterm is included in the Trados package, whereas MultiTerm Extract needs a separate license and runs only in demo mode if you don't have one.

[Modificato alle 2009-06-07 01:26 GMT]

Bronwen Davies  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:19
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Multiterm 2009 Sep 19, 2009

Hello,

I have recently bought Trados Studio 2009. I have also downloaded Multiterm 2009 but I am not sure whether I have a license or not as it is not listed in the available licenses in My License Manager. I attended an online training session yesterday and saw the trainer had something like "Multiterm 8.0" listed in her available licenses in her license manager but I don't! What do I do?

Also - I have a license and activation code for AutoSuggest but can't download a copy. Could someone tell me how this works?

Thank you,

Bronwen

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
MultiTerm Licensing Sep 19, 2009

Hi all,

I thought I would try to add some clarification to these questions.

SDL MultiTerm 2009, purchased as part of SDL Trados Studio 2009, does not require a seperate license so you can use it in full as soon as you have installed it.

SDL MultiTerm Extract is a seperate product which requires a seperate license to use.

AutoSuggest does not require a seperate license to use. This is a feature of both the Freelance and Professional versions of SDL Trados Studio 2009 that helps you to achieve more productivity when you are translating. It will work by suggesting possible terms from your Termbase, or if you have created an AutoSuggest Dictionary from a Termbase or a Translation Memory it will suggest possible matches from there too.

What you are probably referring to is the ability to create an AutoSuggest Dictionary and this is only possible with the Professional version of the product, or by purchasing an additional feature, as you have done, to allow the creation of these dictionaries through the Freelance version. Once you license SDL Trados Studio 2009 this should be possible.

A good place to find nformation on these products is here and then use the "Learn More" link for each one;

http://www.translationzone.com/en/Products/default.asp

I hope this helps?

Kind regards

Paul
SDL Support

Bronwen Davies  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:19
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
To Paul SDL Support - Trados Studio 2009 Sep 19, 2009

Yes thank you - that information does help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm not finding license

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search