Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:25
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 7, 2009

I tried to open a termbase in MultiTerm 2009 and was delighted to find my list of termbases there.

I open up MultiTerm, choose "Open termbase" and a screen appears where I can click "Browse" and see my list of termbases. If I double-click I get a message saying "This termbase has been created with an older version of MultiTerm and needs to be updated. This can take several minutes. Continue opening termbases?"

I click "Yes" and it gets added to a new list of termbases available to open in Multiterm 2009.

Any termbases which are successfully added to this list can simply be opened in future in Multiterm 2009.

The snag is that it will only take over a certain number of termbases, and then, from that point on, refuses to take over the remaining termbases.

When I click "Yes" the termbase does not get added to the new list. From now on, whichever termbase I try to add to the new list, I get the following error message:

"There was a problem opening the termbase at "C:....... . Check that this is a valid termbase and that you have permission to access it."

Unfortunately, there are a couple of termbases which I use quite often which are in the list of ones which I now cannot access.

What is the solution to this problem, please, SDL Support?

Astrid

Direct link Reply with quote Turn social sharing on.
Like 11

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm will only take over a limited number of termbases

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search