Adding new languages to Trados
Thread poster: Αlban SHPΑTΑ

Αlban SHPΑTΑ  Identity Verified
Albania
Member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Jun 8, 2009

I need to work on a language I have not entered when I first installed Trados (7 Freelance). Is there a way to do this?

Any hint would be much appreciated!

Direct link Reply with quote

Agenor Hofmann-Delbor  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:23
English to Polish
+ ...
Reinstall Jun 8, 2009

You need to uninstall the current version and install it again with different language pairs. No easy way to do this, unfortunately.

Αlban SHPΑTΑ  Identity Verified
Albania
Member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All versions? Jun 8, 2009

Thank you for your answer Agenor! Does this happen with all Trados versions or are there also more expensive versions that support many languages? I am thinking about agencies that work with hundreds of languages.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 00:23
English to Czech
+ ...
Professional Jun 8, 2009

Hi Alban,
I assume you have the Freelance version which only supports up to five different languages. If you want to get support for all languages, you will have to purchase/upgrade to the Professional version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding new languages to Trados

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search