SDL Trados 2009 - Can't activate
Thread poster: Fabrice Brunon
I bought the SDL 2009 Upgrade but I can't activate it. I have the 2007 version, I have returned my licence but according to the info in my account, I still have a licence in use, therefore I can't activate the 2009 version...
I remember I had one of my computers crash a few months back and SDL 2007 was installed on it. I'm guessing this is why I have one licence still in use, however I can't return this licence (obviously), I can't find anyone to contact on the SDL page and I don't have a Premium contract...
| Talisma.sdl.com || Jun 8, 2009 |
Use talisma.sdl.com, go to solution finder and then click through Licensing wizard form. Last step is the contact form. Once you fill it out, SDL will get back to you and reset your activation limit. If you send the request now, there is is chance they will reset the counter tomorrow, but there's no guarantee.
Once you do that, you should be able to return the 2007 license and generate a new one.
| Same problem here || Jun 8, 2009 |
I will have a call from SDL tomorrow, so if we resolve the issue, I will definitely let you know.
I have the same problem and SDL have told me it is because they gave me the wrong license code - they are now working on the new one. I have been able to get back my licence for 2007 so I can use that in the meantime.
Local time: 19:56
English to Norwegian
| same problem || Jun 28, 2009 |
I also cannot get my 2009 activation codes
but I found out that you can use the license you have returned and
2007 freelance will work again until they get things fixed
Another thing though, in the installing documentation it says that
you can start 2009 in trial mode which for 30 days will give you 2009 studio
until you get your license keys, but it doe not seem to work for me?
Anybody know how to do that?
| SDL Trados Support... || Jun 29, 2009 |
Please return your original SDL Trados 2007 activation code from your computer. You will then be able to upgrade it to a new SDL Trados Studio 2009 activation code which is used to activate SDL Trados Studio 2009 software.
You can return the license from within the software itself:
1. Go to Start > Programs > SDL International > SDL Trados [Version number] > License Manager > License Manager.
2. The SDL License Manager window is displayed.
3. Click View Activated Licenses. The Installed Licenses dialog box is displayed.
4. In the Fulfilment ID column, select the license you want to return (your SDL Trados 2007 Freelance license) and click Return License. The license is returned to the online product activation centre.
5. When the license has been returned, click OK and then click Close.
6. Repeat this process for all machines where the license is active.
You will then be able to complete the upgrade process from your online SDL account. For step-by-step instructions on upgrading your activation code, please read the following article from our knowledge base:
If you have returned your activation code but are still unable to complete the upgrade process then please visit our Solution Finder and follow these steps:
1. Please go to http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=sf&r=0.8625359
2. Select Licensing Problems from the left-hand navigation pane
3. Select the option "SDL Trados Studio 2009: I have returned my 2007 license but my new 2009 license is still not in my account" and choose “Next”
4. You will see a contact form. Please fill out the form and submit it. Your details will then be sent to the SDL Support portal and a member of the support team will contact you as soon as possible.
I hope this helps.
SDL Support Team
[Edited at 2009-06-29 08:32 GMT]
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
SDL Trados 2009 - Can't activate
|Déjà Vu X3 |
|Try it, Love it|
Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking
More info »
|memoQ translator pro|
|Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.|
With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.
More info »