Thread poster: Fabrice Brunon

Fabrice Brunon  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:56
English to French
+ ...
Jun 8, 2009

Hello,

I bought the SDL 2009 Upgrade but I can't activate it. I have the 2007 version, I have returned my licence but according to the info in my account, I still have a licence in use, therefore I can't activate the 2009 version...

I remember I had one of my computers crash a few months back and SDL 2007 was installed on it. I'm guessing this is why I have one licence still in use, however I can't return this licence (obviously), I can't find anyone to contact on the SDL page and I don't have a Premium contract...

Please help...

Thanks

Agenor Hofmann-Delbor  Identity Verified
English to Polish
Talisma.sdl.com Jun 8, 2009

Use talisma.sdl.com, go to solution finder and then click through Licensing wizard form. Last step is the contact form. Once you fill it out, SDL will get back to you and reset your activation limit. If you send the request now, there is is chance they will reset the counter tomorrow, but there's no guarantee.

Once you do that, you should be able to return the 2007 license and generate a new one.

Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
same problem here Jun 8, 2009

...although I am 100% sure that no 2007 licence is still in use.

Luckily, I still have my Beta licence so I can still use Studio.
I have been in contact with SDL and they confirmed today that they are still working on a solution. The person working on my case has been very helpful and I'm sure they'll fix the problem in the next few days.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Same problem here Jun 8, 2009

I will have a call from SDL tomorrow, so if we resolve the issue, I will definitely let you know.

Cheers!

Stanislav

Arthur Godinho  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:56
Member (2009)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Any ideas for a TRADOS fan? Jun 8, 2009

I have released my SDL 2007 Freelance license. I have uninstalled MultiTerm 2007. I have released and re-activated every one of the three licenses in my account too many times to count. I have Installed and removed SDL 2009 Studio also too many times to count. No matter what I do, whenever I look at My Licenses in SDL's website, I simply DO NOT get the "upgrades available" Link. Therefore, no license.

I have tried for three whole days. Any one have any suggestions?

Thru my frustration, what comes to mind is that this should be convenient, not a "Trial by Fire". I just love my TRADOS software, but this is just too much!

[Edited at 2009-06-08 22:40 GMT]

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:56
Member (2004)
German to English
there are plenty of us with the same problem Jun 9, 2009

and will let you know how to resolve it when we know.
Gillian

Justine Sherwood  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:56
Dutch to English
+ ...
same problem Jun 9, 2009

I have the same problem and SDL have told me it is because they gave me the wrong license code - they are now working on the new one. I have been able to get back my licence for 2007 so I can use that in the meantime.

Micha Reisel
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
same problem Jun 28, 2009

I also cannot get my 2009 activation codes
but I found out that you can use the license you have returned and
2007 freelance will work again until they get things fixed

Another thing though, in the installing documentation it says that
you can start 2009 in trial mode which for 30 days will give you 2009 studio
until you get your license keys, but it doe not seem to work for me?

Anybody know how to do that?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
SDL Trados Support... Jun 29, 2009

Hello Micha,

Please return your original SDL Trados 2007 activation code from your computer. You will then be able to upgrade it to a new SDL Trados Studio 2009 activation code which is used to activate SDL Trados Studio 2009 software.

You can return the license from within the software itself:

1. Go to Start > Programs > SDL International > SDL Trados [Version number] > License Manager > License Manager.
2. The SDL License Manager window is displayed.
3. Click View Activated Licenses. The Installed Licenses dialog box is displayed.
4. In the Fulfilment ID column, select the license you want to return (your SDL Trados 2007 Freelance license) and click Return License. The license is returned to the online product activation centre.
5. When the license has been returned, click OK and then click Close.
6. Repeat this process for all machines where the license is active.

You will then be able to complete the upgrade process from your online SDL account. For step-by-step instructions on upgrading your activation code, please read the following article from our knowledge base:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2722&p=1

If you have returned your activation code but are still unable to complete the upgrade process then please visit our Solution Finder and follow these steps:

1. Please go to http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=sf&r=0.8625359
2. Select Licensing Problems from the left-hand navigation pane
3. Select the option "SDL Trados Studio 2009: I have returned my 2007 license but my new 2009 license is still not in my account" and choose “Next”
4. You will see a contact form. Please fill out the form and submit it. Your details will then be sent to the SDL Support portal and a member of the support team will contact you as soon as possible.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

[Edited at 2009-06-29 08:32 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2009 - Can't activate

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search