Project: Trados wizard won't create project
Thread poster: Greg Dickie

Greg Dickie
Canada
Local time: 11:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 9, 2009

I was wondering if you could help me out!

I am trying to create a new project that I just received; I add the document to be translated, the languages Spanish to English, and the Translation Memory. At the end of the creation process, the wizzard will not creat the project! I also received a Glossary in excel format, can this be opened as a Multiterm? When I try to open a termbase (as indicated by the wizzard), I select local server... no files appear and I get an error message.

Thanks in advance,
Greg Dickie

Greg Dickie
Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't worry about it. Jun 9, 2009

I have decided to do the translation directly from the word document using Translator's Workbench and everything is going fine. Thanks anyways!

Please send your comments.

Yasushi Toyama
Local time: 02:56
Japanese to English
Check your license Jun 9, 2009

Hi!

You can translate your document without creating a new project, by opening the document in Trados Workbench or TagEditor.
Depening on your license, you cannot use all trados features.

To use a Glossary in excel format in Multiterm, use MultiTerm Convert utility to convert the excel to Multiterm XML format. Then, import the file into your termbase in Multiterm.

If you are a freelancer, your translation environment may be stand alone. You are not in a client-server environment. So you cannot use a server.

Hope this helps you.

Greg Dickie
Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Yasushi Toyama Jun 9, 2009

Thank you Yasushi for your comments!

I actually did go through the process of trying to create a new project and followed all the instructions of the project wizzard, but for some reason it would not allow me to complete the process. There shouldn't be any problem with my liscence as I beleive I have purchased the full package (Trados SDL 2007), but without Multiterm extract and Passalo.

You are correct, I am not on a client server base. I have some term bases that I have personally created as well as the one just sent to me by my client, but when I create a new project to be translated I get to the part where it asks me to import a term base. I try to upload one of the term bases that I have created, but no files appear available.

Thanks once again for your help,
Gregory S. Dickie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project: Trados wizard won't create project

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search