Have someone used SDL Trados Studio 2009?
Thread poster: Ciprian Bojan

Ciprian Bojan
United States
Local time: 07:10
English to Romanian
Jun 9, 2009

SDL made an investment of $100 Million in R&D.
HERE
Ahhhh! My brain hurts. I need just one beer to tell them what to do.

Did someone used Studio 2009?

[Editat la 2009-06-09 09:18 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-06-09 12:11 GMT]

Marek Pawelec  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:10
English to Polish
Buggy Jun 9, 2009

I did. And I have commented here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/136801-sdl_trados_studio_2009_release_questions-page5.html#1142099
(In short - not ready for work).

julienwp
France
English to French
Don't agree - It works Jun 9, 2009

Marek Pawelec wrote:

I did. And I have commented here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/136801-sdl_trados_studio_2009_release_questions-page5.html#1142099
(In short - not ready for work).

Marek, you make me feel luckyicon_wink.gif I've been using Studio for the last 2 days. No major problem. Just a glitch that required to restart the application. NOTHING was lost.
I've been translating HTML files (using a custom DTD), and LNG files with the RegEx filter. Everything went fine from project creation to file delivery.
Your computer doesn't like Studio 2009 (it happens...). It doesn't necessary mean Studio won't work on another computer.

Regards

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:10
Italian to English
+ ...
Yes, I have Jun 9, 2009

I've translated a couple of straightforward excels and word documents and found that even on these small docs, the memory is used up very quickly which means that certain functions freeze such as preview and segment merging and splitting.

The PDF function cannot be used. The reason is that the segmentation of the pdf does not follow the segmentation rules that were established and this is exacerbated by the merge segment function generally not working with a pdf.

Very poor performance, so far.

Best regards

Richard Hall

Marek Pawelec  Identity Verified
English to Polish
Lucky indeed Jun 9, 2009

JulienP wrote:
Marek, you make me feel luckyicon_wink.gif I've been using Studio for the last 2 days. No major problem.

Well, you are lucky indeed. I've finished translating about 8k words Word file with some tables. On the firs day I've experienced six crashes, but on the second day I had to constantly restart the program and even computer on two occasions. Every crash happened during the editing of the target segment. I feel lucky that I managed to finish the translation despite all that and I won't try again without some patches.

julienwp
France
English to French
Freezes sometimes Jun 10, 2009

Marek Pawelec wrote:

JulienP wrote:
Marek, you make me feel luckyicon_wink.gif I've been using Studio for the last 2 days. No major problem.

Well, you are lucky indeed. I've finished translating about 8k words Word file with some tables. On the firs day I've experienced six crashes, but on the second day I had to constantly restart the program and even computer on two occasions. Every crash happened during the editing of the target segment. I feel lucky that I managed to finish the translation despite all that and I won't try again without some patches.

Just like Richard said, Studio freezes sometimes.

Crashing, freezing... Let's hope SDL will make a fix available soon!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have someone used SDL Trados Studio 2009?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search