Hamid Aydin  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 14:29
Member (2008)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 9, 2009

Hi;

Is there any way to restore the shortcuts of Trados 2007 Freelance in Microsoft Word 2007 to default shortcuts?

I have previously changed some shortcuts of Trados, but now, they are not helpful for me any more.

[Edited at 2009-06-09 21:05 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jorge Aguilar Juarez  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:29
German to Spanish
talisma.sdl.com Jun 10, 2009

1-In Microsoft Word 2007, click on the Office button and click on the Word Options Tab.
2Select Customize in the left Pane. This opens the Customize the Quick Access Toolbar and Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.
3-Click on the Customize button at the bottom of this dialog. This opens the Customize keyboard dialog.
4-Under Categories, select Macros. This displays the available macros in the Marcos list.
5-In the Macros list, select the TW4Win macro that you want to change. The current keyboard shortcut for this macro appears in the Current Keys area.
6-In the Press new Shortcut key area, press the new shortcut you want to assign, preferably unused shortcuts that are easily accessible from the laptop keyboard. Click on the Assign button. Repeat this procedure for all macros you want to 7-use with keyboard shortcuts.

NOTE: The changes you make are saved in the template Normal.dotm by default. This means that updates to the Translator's Workbench template (TRADOS8.dot and previous versions) will not override your changes. Be sure to make regular backups of Normal.dot to keep your customisations safe.

cheers

Nicole Maina  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:29
Member (2005)
German to Italian
+ ...
thank you so much Jorge!! Jul 21, 2009

you have just saved my day!
thanks again!

Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:29
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
shortcut for set/close open/get Oct 3, 2009

Hello,

I tried this procedure and it did not work for me.

When I over over the set/close open/get button I can see that the keyboard shortcut is set to (ctrl+[+])

In the keyboard shortcut assignment section I see

tw4winSetCloseOpenGet.Impl
and I set the shortcut to Alt+Num+
Assign
Close

Now nothing happens when I press this key combination and I see that the the keyboard shortcut is still set to (ctrl+[+]) when i hover over the button.

Is this something to do with the templates?

Thank you,
Kathleen.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Restoring the shortcuts of Trados 2007 in Microsoft Word 2007

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search