Thread poster: Stanislav Pokorny

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:05
English to Czech
+ ...
Jun 10, 2009

Hi all,
this post is to provide an important note on the initial language setup.
Upon the first launch of Studio 09, you will be asked to select five languages (just as we were used to in the previous Trados Freelance versions). However, this time you are offered all the individual local language variants.
Well, I was stupid enough to select the variants I work with most of the times (en-us, en-gb, de-de, de-at, cs-cz).
When I now create a new project, all the remaining language variants are available. So, in order to add two more languages, I will have to reinstall.

The summary: don't look at the local language variants, only select the main languages.

Christopher Nelson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:05
Russian to English
+ ...
SDL studio freelance 2009 Language set up Jun 17, 2009

I am about to buy the SDL Studio Freelance software -- one of my languages is Serbo-Croat. So it seems Studio 2009 might well divide this into Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian?

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:05
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No idea Jun 17, 2009

Hi Chris,
I have no idea about these as I don't look at the other languages during the install. I suggest that you use the SDL online chat to receive a qualified answer.

Cheers,

Stan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance: Confusing initial language setup

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search