Thread poster: James Chan
James Chan
James Chan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:58
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 10, 2009

Hi,

I often found Trados's analysis result for Chinese text (as source text) is always much more than that obtained with Mircosoft Word's word count tool. This simply made its result useless.

It seems that Trados' analysis does not separate the counts of Chinese character (double-byte character) and of word (consisting of single-bite letters) as Wordfast's analysis does. It simply adds the count of the two to one count and call it the count for "character." Is there i
... See more
Hi,

I often found Trados's analysis result for Chinese text (as source text) is always much more than that obtained with Mircosoft Word's word count tool. This simply made its result useless.

It seems that Trados' analysis does not separate the counts of Chinese character (double-byte character) and of word (consisting of single-bite letters) as Wordfast's analysis does. It simply adds the count of the two to one count and call it the count for "character." Is there is way to make Trados' analysis tool work like this?

Thank you,

James Chan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados' Analysis with Chinese Character

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »