SDLX Suite and PowerPoint 2007: Are they really compatible?
Thread poster: Silvia GOMEZ

Silvia GOMEZ  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:11
English to Spanish
Jun 10, 2009

I have used SDLX to translate PowerPoint files for years. It was a fantastic tool to translate slides with images, tables and text in a user-friendly way.

But ever since I upgraded to Office 2007 and SDLX 2007 (SP3) working with ppt files has become a nightmare.

1) SDLX does not extract all the text in the file. For instance, it does not extract the text in tables, which is bothersome because when I convert the itd to ppt I have to translate the tables manually.

2) Last week, we tried converting the same file in two different PCs, one with SDLX 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 and the other one with SDLX 2006 and Office 2003. The result was 1,500 words more in the itd file converted using the older versions!!

3) When I convert the itd back to ppt, in most slides I see the translated text and the original text as well. Sometimes, they are even repeated up to three times!!

4) I've downloaded a patch from their website to no avail.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I received several comments from another list, but nobody seems to know how to fix it.

Since many people are experiencing this difficulty, I don't believe it's reasonable to pay for a service agreement when apparently it is a problem with the software itself.

I would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks!

Silvia Gómez
silvia@centrad.com.ar

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX Suite and PowerPoint 2007: Are they really compatible?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search