Inge Meinzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:03
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 10, 2009

Hi,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I am working on a translation of a .rtf file in Trados Workbench (2007 Freelance version). I made some keystroke that made the cursor jump to the next page. I went back to my open segment and found that none of the Trados tool bar worked any longer.

My attempts to resolve the situation:

1. I went to Edit and selected "undo bookmark" in hopes that it would solve the problem. Apparently I had inadvertantly created a bookmark. Still, I kept getting the VB runtime error '5'.

2. I went on Trados Support, where the only article I could find pertained to TE. However, it claimed the Hotfix would also solve the issue of "hanging" with TW after a jump by the cursor. I downloaded and installed the patch and restarted my PC and Trados. Still, TW is hanging.

3. I then remembered reading something in the gldlist, where someone had a similar problem last week. Their solution was to delete the bookmark. I did to no avail.

Has anyone any idea?
TIA!
Inge

Jorge Aguilar Juarez  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 15:03
German to Spanish
go to talisma.sdl.com/ Jun 10, 2009

and search for the Knowledge Base article 1466

cheers

United States
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 10, 2009

Hi Jorge,

Thank you so very much for your quick reply. I will not bother you again unless I need more help.icon_smile.gif

Kind regards,
Inge

LuciaC
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:03
English to Italian
+ ...
You could have... Jun 11, 2009

closed the file without saving it. The translated segments are saved in the memory and you wouldn't lose them. When you reopen the file, you would just retranslate them automatically.

United States
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Lucia! Jun 11, 2009

Seems like this is a very simple solution and will come in handy, I am sure. Sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the treesicon_smile.gif
I do appreciate your help!
KR,
Inge

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble with Trados Workbench

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search