Valerijs Svincovs
Valerijs Svincovs  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 18:50
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jun 11, 2009

Hi all!
I'm using Translator's Workbench 7.5.0 and Word 2000. In one certain file, there is a problem: when I click Restore Source to close an untranslated segment or Set/Close to close a translated one, the source segments suddenly are displayed next to all segments translated previously. (Also, the fonts change, so there might be a problem with styles.) Segment-delimiting marks are not displayed - it's simply source segment followed by target segment without space.
The hidden tex
... See more
Hi all!
I'm using Translator's Workbench 7.5.0 and Word 2000. In one certain file, there is a problem: when I click Restore Source to close an untranslated segment or Set/Close to close a translated one, the source segments suddenly are displayed next to all segments translated previously. (Also, the fonts change, so there might be a problem with styles.) Segment-delimiting marks are not displayed - it's simply source segment followed by target segment without space.
The hidden text option is unchecked.
Has anyone encountered anything similar before?
Valerijs
Collapse

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:50
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Looks like a styles problem indeed Jun 11, 2009

The style might be defined with unhidden font. You could either review and modify the styles in the document, or simply translate it in Tag Editor (your version of Trados should support that). It's also possible that you could keep translating your document, and once you're finished, you could take another copy of the source and auto-translate it. There's no guarantee, but it could work that way.

Good luck

Dusan Rabrenovic
Dusan Rabrenovic  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2008)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
missing Trados tags Jun 11, 2009

Sounds like it. Your best bet is to forget the current document and to start "translate to fuzzy" on the original version of the document using the same TM. Trados freaks out as soon as any one of the gazillion of tiny purple tags, for example {0}, is missing. To prevent that in your next project, get used to translating doc files in TagEditor.

Fathy Shehatto
Fathy Shehatto  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Check hidden text option Jun 11, 2009

Hi Valerius,

Sometimes it happens with me with no tag missed or any mistakes done.

Try to check/activate the hidden text option then close and restart the document.
If it doesn't work, uncheck hidden text option and restart the document again.

Hope it will work

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados won't hide source segments

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »