Help with Trados/Tageditor
Thread poster: corinne durand

corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:46
English to French
+ ...
Jun 11, 2009

Hello,

I hope someone can help with my problem...

I have Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance

I was working in a document in Tag Editor and some computer updates restarted my computer and I cannot find my document any more. I have tried to open the ttx but all my translated segments seem to be lost. I put my hand up and say I didn't save the ttx as bilingual, but surely all I translated yesterday must be in the TM somewhere!!!!

When I try and run it (ttx) though the TM, the only buttons available are the open, close and restore source buttons. I have tried to open the original Word doc to see if I could run it through the TM, but it will not let itself be edited.

When I try and restart Tageditor and open the ttx document, I get a message that the document has a different language than the TM, and that Workbench will be disabled until languages match.

I have tried to open another recent TM to see if I had translated my text with the wrong TM, but although all the buttons are activated, the translated segments are not there, which makes me think it cannot be the case...

Can anyone see hwta the problem is and is there a solution to recover my work?
Thanks in anticipation,
Corinne

Hello again, I have managed to recover my work by creating a new TM, importing the old one and opening the document as a brand new one with a different name. If anyone knows where the problem came from though, I will be grateful for any explanation as to what happened to avoid future occurrences!
Thanks!
Corinne

[Edited at 2009-06-11 11:49 GMT]

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:46
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
This has happened to me before Jun 11, 2009

I was translating a PowerPoint presentation, there was a power cut, and when I restarted the computer, the segments (or some of them) were not there in the TM. I still don't know why, but I suspect that Trados uses some temporary files apart from the TM files, and the connection is lost if the computer shuts down unexpectedly.

You might have been unable to find your TTX, if you were translating a file like a DOC or PPT, which opened in TE as TTX, but the TTX was never saved.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Trados/Tageditor

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search