Who took away the import options in Studio 2009?
Thread poster: Edric Barbosa Filho

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 19:14
English to Portuguese
Jun 11, 2009

Hi

I have attended both Webinars about Trados Studio 2009, one for translators and the other for managers.

In the first I asked about important options of memory updating, specifically the "leave unchange" and "overwrite" actions for existing translations. They are tremendously important for localizers and technical translators in general: except for totally new products, all product updates require making replacements on existing memories. You either import overwriting existing translation units (correcting) or leaving them unchanged (just adding the new features).

The host told me that those options were not in the Beta, but will be there in the final product.

On the last webinar, held yesterday, I asked for that again, and the host promptly reopened the example to show me it had been implemented. To her surprise (and mine), they were not there...

I had the beta, the RC and now I got the final product: a wonderful software, that I can only play with since I keep on receiving small updates to big memories that I cannot apply...

Having the almost complete compatibility of my "Sweet Freelance 2007" (presently running seamlessly on Windows 7 RC 64-bit) with the fantastic features of 2009 is something I cannot be more eager to experiment!!!!

Who took the thing(s) away?????

Best

Edric

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who took away the import options in Studio 2009?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search