Who took away the import options in Studio 2009?
Thread poster: Edric Barbosa Filho

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 11:59
English to Portuguese
Jun 11, 2009

Hi

I have attended both Webinars about Trados Studio 2009, one for translators and the other for managers.

In the first I asked about important options of memory updating, specifically the "leave unchange" and "overwrite" actions for existing translations. They are tremendously important for localizers and technical translators in general: except for totally new products, all product updates require making replacements on existing memories. You either import overwriting existing translation units (correcting) or leaving them unchanged (just adding the new features).

The host told me that those options were not in the Beta, but will be there in the final product.

On the last webinar, held yesterday, I asked for that again, and the host promptly reopened the example to show me it had been implemented. To her surprise (and mine), they were not there...

I had the beta, the RC and now I got the final product: a wonderful software, that I can only play with since I keep on receiving small updates to big memories that I cannot apply...

Having the almost complete compatibility of my "Sweet Freelance 2007" (presently running seamlessly on Windows 7 RC 64-bit) with the fantastic features of 2009 is something I cannot be more eager to experiment!!!!

Who took the thing(s) away?????icon_smile.gif

Best

Edric

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who took away the import options in Studio 2009?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search