Tag Editor 2007 - source and target "default view" font differs (not critical)
Thread poster: Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 06:01
Member (2008)
English to Czech
Jun 13, 2009

Hello,

I'm currently translating some text where the source text is sometimes written in Times New Roman. However when I translate the segment (into the active target line), the font of my input is sometimes Arial. There are no specific formatting tags involved AFAIK. When I export it, it looks OK, but still it would make me feel a bit less ill at ease when it would be in match all the way through...

Is that normal?

Thanks,
Tomas

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Doesn't matter Jun 14, 2009

Hi Tomas,
if you are working in TagEditor, this is no problem at all. Formatting is determined by tags, so the font of the target segments is absolutely irrelevant. If you keep all tags in the target, the result should be okay.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Switch "show display formatting" off Jun 14, 2009

Go to "Filter settings" (located in your SDL International program group, subgroup "Filters"), select the tab for the source format you are translating and switch "show display formatting" and "use font mapping" off. In my opinion these should be the default setting, but it seems no one wants to listen to me
Here is an example for Word 2000-2003:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor 2007 - source and target "default view" font differs (not critical)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search