https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/137798-sdl_trados_studio_2009_editor_view_problem_when_selecting_text_in_a_translated_segment.html

SDL Trados Studio 2009 editor view, problem when selecting text in a translated segment
Thread poster: Transdiction (X)
Transdiction (X)
Transdiction (X)
Italian to English
+ ...
Jun 17, 2009

OK I'm actually being persuaded to switch from Deja Vu because Studio 2009 does everything DVX does but without the crippling problems with formatting codes. But having said that, I'm stymied on an problem that is completely blocking my ability to translate at all.
I've re-opened a saved translation file that I'm working on. I'm going through the segments that have been "confirmed". I click in a segment to edit it. I want to add formatting in this case so I select some text. Automatically,
... See more
OK I'm actually being persuaded to switch from Deja Vu because Studio 2009 does everything DVX does but without the crippling problems with formatting codes. But having said that, I'm stymied on an problem that is completely blocking my ability to translate at all.
I've re-opened a saved translation file that I'm working on. I'm going through the segments that have been "confirmed". I click in a segment to edit it. I want to add formatting in this case so I select some text. Automatically, the entire target segment (which also appears in the TM) reverts to the source, as if I've activated a "Copy Source to Target" command. I can't do any editing at all of these segments.

What the heck is going on? Hope someone else has experienced this problem because I can't find anything about it in the SDL Tuturial materials. Any help appreciated.
Collapse

Transdiction (X)
Transdiction (X)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution: uninstall Babylon 8 or change keyboard shortcuts Jun 20, 2009

Incredible but true. After a day of trying to re-create the problem at SDL, Paul Filkin discovered that Babylon 8 is the culprit.

He suggests changing the “Copy Source to Target” command in Trados Studio 2009 to Ctrl+Alt+K, or Shift+Ctrl+Ins also works (or any other unused combination you're comfortable with). Alternatively, one could also change the keystrokes in Babylon, I suppose.

Personally, since I'm not crazy about Babylon 8 (too intrusive) I've just gone ba
... See more
Incredible but true. After a day of trying to re-create the problem at SDL, Paul Filkin discovered that Babylon 8 is the culprit.

He suggests changing the “Copy Source to Target” command in Trados Studio 2009 to Ctrl+Alt+K, or Shift+Ctrl+Ins also works (or any other unused combination you're comfortable with). Alternatively, one could also change the keystrokes in Babylon, I suppose.

Personally, since I'm not crazy about Babylon 8 (too intrusive) I've just gone back to version 7 for the moment.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 editor view, problem when selecting text in a translated segment

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »