Working with Trados
Thread poster: Alessandra Oliveira

Alessandra Oliveira  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:03
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jun 17, 2009

Have a file in word need to work with trados, do I have to convert? Any help?

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 03:03
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Convert? Which version are you using? Jun 17, 2009

Hello Alessandra,

convert? You simply have to open you TM, the first segment with the relative command and start translating. Are you using Studio? Wish to work in TagEditor (in any of the previous versions)?

You might want to indicate your SDL Trados version as clearly requested whenever a thread is opened in this forum

If you are posting about a CAT tool or other software program, including the product name, version, and any other relevant details will avoid confusion and allow you to get/give better forum help.

It helps helping you

Giuliana

[Edited at 2009-06-17 13:46 GMT]

avsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:03
English to French
+ ...
Manual Jun 17, 2009

Familiarising yourself with the tool by reading the user manual or getting formal training would be a good idea too...

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:03
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Do you have TRADOS? Jun 17, 2009

Alessandra, I am under the impression that you do not have TRADOS. If you do, maybe this is your first time using it, in which case my impression is that you have not read anything. In both cases my advice is to learn the application and then accept jobs requiring the use of this software. It is a complex and complicated application. Read the manual several times, and practice before diving into deeper waters.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working with Trados

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search