Is it still possible to buy SDL Trados freelance 2007?
Thread poster: Nicole Pennebaker

Nicole Pennebaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:27
French to English
Jun 19, 2009

When I go to translationzone.com the only thing I find is Studio 2009... Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Thanks!

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:27
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Upgrade offer expired but... Jun 19, 2009

The upgrade offer expired May 31. I purchased it on the 28th, went on vacation and downloaded and installed upon returning. There was no problem; the Suite can coexist with my earlier version so I did not see myself in danger of being left wtitout the application for even one second nor was I forced to do unistalls and installs, or anything weird.

Having said that, I believe it should still be available for the full price, which will include upgrading to Studio 9, something I have decided to delay until the wrinkles are ironed out.

Find out your options: http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/_index1.aspx?tab=opt1&r=0.8308167 and login to your account and see what you have available for downloading.

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:27
English to French
+ ...
Wasn't the upgrade offer extended to June 30th? Jun 19, 2009

Luisa Ramos wrote:

The upgrade offer expired May 31.

I believe that was the original offer, which has since been extended through June 30th. Can somebody confirm (or infirm) this?

United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
I think I should have been more clear in my original message... Jun 19, 2009

I don't currently have SDL Trados - so I would be buying the whole program/license, not an upgrade. Like you I'm wary of getting SDL Studio 2009. Also, since I've never used Trados before I would need some training asap. I've seen quite a few training classes for SDL Trados 2007, but none for Studio 2009 until the end of July.

If I purchase Studio 2009 does it include a version of 2007 Freelance Suite? Aren't there some issues with needing to use TagEditor to create bilingual word files? I'm just repeating this off another thread as I don't understand what TagEditor even does! But it sounded from this thread http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/136901-trados_2009_how_exactly_is_it_compatible_with_translating_in_word_and_with_ttx_files.html as if it were necessary to have the 2007 version as a workaround until there is a fix in 2009 for certain tasks. Anyways, reading threads about Studio 2009 is just confirming my instinct to start out with the 2007 version. Any thoughts?

Michael Grant
Japan
Local time: 22:27
Japanese to English
Perhaps you can have both! Jun 22, 2009

I found this in one of the FAQs at translationzone.com:

"Can I have installed on the same PC both SDL Trados Studio 2009 and SDL Trados 2007 Suite?"

Of course, this is possible. In fact SDL Trados 2007 Suite is also included within SDL Trados 2009 Studio as a complimentary component.

Source: http://www.translationzone.com/en/products/sdl-trados-freelance/#studio_tag15

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 14:27
German to Serbian
+ ...
Answer Jun 22, 2009

Hi Nicole,

At this point, if you buy Studio 2009, you will get both applications ( 2007 and 2009), and will be able to download, install and work in both.

Yes, you only see Studio 2009 on offer, but you get 2007 application with it ( if you are a first-time buyer).

United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the responses and link.... Jun 22, 2009

That's great news and exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it still possible to buy SDL Trados freelance 2007?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search