trados studio 2009 term insert
Thread poster: T o b i a s
Jun 19, 2009

Could someone point me to the "term insert" keyboard shortcut? This existed in Trados 2007, and is also well implemented in WordFast. I cannot believe I have to use a mouse to do this.

Direct link Reply with quote

Tapsa
Local time: 14:16
English to Finnish
Need it too Jun 20, 2009

Didn't find it anywhere. I would like to have it too - compatibility with previous versions seems to be a joke;-) But I still like Studio, it propably evolves into a very nice peace of software sometime in the future.

A quote from SDL site Q/A:

Is SDL Trados Studio 2009 compatible with previous versions?
Yes of course!

--
Tobias wrote:

Could someone point me to the "term insert" keyboard shortcut? This existed in Trados 2007, and is also well implemented in WordFast. I cannot believe I have to use a mouse to do this.

[Edited at 2009-06-20 19:22 GMT]

Tapsa
Local time: 14:16
English to Finnish
Aargh I'm hit Jun 20, 2009

I meant piece of... although peace might be right in this situation

[Edited at 2009-06-20 20:09 GMT]

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:16
English to Italian
Shortcut for MultiTerm Jun 22, 2009

Hello,

I am from SDL Trados.

There are a couple of ways to enter terms.

1) Through the AutoSuggest functionality. If AutoSuggest is enabled Terms will be suggested as you type (To enable go to Tools -> Options and on the left hand side there is AutoSuggest in the list. YOu need to activate AutoSuggest providers - termbases). In translation, as you type a term which is in the segment, it will provide you a siggestion. Therefore you would need no mouse nor keyboard shortcut. Please be aware that this is case sensitive.

2) You can also use a keyboard shortuct if you prefer. If you use the
CTRL + SHIFT + L, that is the default shortcut. YOu could also customise this shortcut.

I hope this helps.

Massi

T o b i a s
TOPIC STARTER
How to insert termbase terms using the keyboard in Trados Studio 2009. Jun 22, 2009

While I can see that Autosuggest is a very powerful feature, I do appreciate the information regarding "insert term". I had looked at the list of shortcuts and never would have found it since it is listed under "Show Translated Terms". I don't think that is the primary function; a better description would be "insert term". Thanks again.

CTRL + SHIFT + L
control+shift+L

Wojciech Sztukowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:16
Member (2009)
English to Polish
Fix the illogical menus, please Jun 13, 2011

Tobias wrote:

While I can see that Autosuggest is a very powerful feature, I do appreciate the information regarding "insert term". I had looked at the list of shortcuts and never would have found it since it is listed under "Show Translated Terms". I don't think that is the primary function; a better description would be "insert term". Thanks again.

CTRL + SHIFT + L
control+shift+L

I would definitely agree. Besides, the AutoSuggest does not work if you start your sentence with capital letter and the term starts with a small letter. How nice you need six or seven serice packs to solve such obvious things!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados studio 2009 term insert

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search