trados studio 2009 term insert
Thread poster: T o b i a s
Jun 19, 2009

Could someone point me to the "term insert" keyboard shortcut? This existed in Trados 2007, and is also well implemented in WordFast. I cannot believe I have to use a mouse to do this.

Tapsa
Local time: 20:38
English to Finnish
Need it too Jun 20, 2009

Didn't find it anywhere. I would like to have it too - compatibility with previous versions seems to be a joke;-) But I still like Studio, it propably evolves into a very nice peace of software sometime in the future.

A quote from SDL site Q/A:

Is SDL Trados Studio 2009 compatible with previous versions?
Yes of course!

--
Tobias wrote:

Could someone point me to the "term insert" keyboard shortcut? This existed in Trados 2007, and is also well implemented in WordFast. I cannot believe I have to use a mouse to do this.

[Edited at 2009-06-20 19:22 GMT]

Tapsa
Local time: 20:38
English to Finnish
Aargh I'm hit Jun 20, 2009

I meant piece of... although peace might be right in this situationicon_wink.gif

[Edited at 2009-06-20 20:09 GMT]

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:38
English to Italian
Shortcut for MultiTerm Jun 22, 2009

Hello,

I am from SDL Trados.

There are a couple of ways to enter terms.

1) Through the AutoSuggest functionality. If AutoSuggest is enabled Terms will be suggested as you type (To enable go to Tools -> Options and on the left hand side there is AutoSuggest in the list. YOu need to activate AutoSuggest providers - termbases). In translation, as you type a term which is in the segment, it will provide you a siggestion. Therefore you would need no mouse nor keyboard shortcut. Please be aware that this is case sensitive.

2) You can also use a keyboard shortuct if you prefer. If you use the
CTRL + SHIFT + L, that is the default shortcut. YOu could also customise this shortcut.

I hope this helps.

Massi

T o b i a s
TOPIC STARTER
How to insert termbase terms using the keyboard in Trados Studio 2009. Jun 22, 2009

While I can see that Autosuggest is a very powerful feature, I do appreciate the information regarding "insert term". I had looked at the list of shortcuts and never would have found it since it is listed under "Show Translated Terms". I don't think that is the primary function; a better description would be "insert term". Thanks again.

CTRL + SHIFT + L
control+shift+L

Wojciech Sztukowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:38
Member (2009)
English to Polish
Fix the illogical menus, please Jun 13, 2011

Tobias wrote:

While I can see that Autosuggest is a very powerful feature, I do appreciate the information regarding "insert term". I had looked at the list of shortcuts and never would have found it since it is listed under "Show Translated Terms". I don't think that is the primary function; a better description would be "insert term". Thanks again.

CTRL + SHIFT + L
control+shift+L

I would definitely agree. Besides, the AutoSuggest does not work if you start your sentence with capital letter and the term starts with a small letter. How nice you need six or seven serice packs to solve such obvious things!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados studio 2009 term insert

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search