Magda Parol  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:28
Member (2013)
Polish to English
+ ...
Jun 21, 2009

Hi

When I try to install SDLMultiTerm2009 or SDLTradosStudio2009 I get the following message:

Error:
Setup has detected that the file
C:\"my path"\dotNetMSP\x86\NetFX2.0-KB948609-v6001-x86.msu
has changed since it was initially published.

What should I do?
I have just yesterday purchased Trados.
I tried to reinstall Net2.0 but it didn't help.

Please help!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Install .NET manually Jun 21, 2009

Hi there,
I suggest that you download the necessary .NET 3.5 package from Microsoft website, install it manually and only then install SDL Studio. It might save you many headaches.

Keneva Kunz  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:28
Icelandic to English
+ ...
SDL Studio2009 and MultiTerm 2009 - error stopping installation process Jun 21, 2009

Hi, I had this same error message appear:

Setup has detected that the file 'C:\DOCUME~1\STARFS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSDC7.tmp\DotNetFX35SP1\dotNetMSP\x64\NetFX2.0-KB948609-v6001-x64.msu' has changed since it was initially published.

Downloading and installing the latest Net 3.5 did not help, I still get the same message.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
Keneva Kunz

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Delete Jun 22, 2009

Go to the folder indicated and delete it. It is only a temporary folder created by the installation wizard.

Keneva Kunz  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:28
Icelandic to English
+ ...
Folder doesn't seem to exist Jun 22, 2009

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate your trying to help - which is more than one gets from SDL - but the path

'C:\DOCUME~1\STARFS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD12.tmp\DotNetFX35SP1\dotNetMSP\x64\NetFX2.0-KB948609-v6001-x64.msu' has changed since it was initially published.

stops after the "Starfsmenn" level. No directory "Locals.." etc. and look for a file *.msu doesn't help either. Any other suggestions?

Why on earth should one have to be an IT developer or equivalent to merely set up this program!

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
This is a .NET problem: write to Bill Gates Jun 23, 2009

Anyway, the folder names in the path you published here are shortened. So DOCUME~1 is in fact "Documents and Settings", LOCALS~1 is in fact "Local Settings" etc. Please check that out.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLMultiTerm2009 - Error during installation process

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search