Thread poster: Stanislaw Czech, MCIL

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:00
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 21, 2009

I recently had to reinstall operating system on my laptop. When I reinstalled Trados I received information that there is a problem 540 - according to the knowledge base: If you are using the activation code on two computers already then please return one of the activation codes first to make it available for use. You will then be able to activate the new computer. Please follow these instruction on returning your activation code:

Before reinstallation I had Trados installed on 2 machines: PC and laptop, and now I suppose that I should have "returned" the licence from my laptop before reinstallation of the system. Unfortunately it is too late for that.

For the time being I have returned licence from my PC as I work more frequently on a laptop but it would be great to be able to work from time to time on my PC as well.

Do you have any suggestions what could I do now considering that I have not purchased Premium Software Maintenance Agreement?

Best Regards
Stanislaw

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:00
English to Czech
+ ...
Ask SDL Jun 22, 2009

Hi Stanislaw,
you are right, you should have returned your license from the machine you were about to reinstall. If you failed to do so, I'm afraid the only way of retrieving the license is asking SDL to provide you with an additional one. AFAIK, they are quite benevolent in cases similar to yours.

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:00
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 22, 2009

Well I did not realize that I need to return the licence even if I am going to reinstall system on the same machine - I will know better next time. I will have to get in touch with them and hopefully they will show some understandingicon_smile.gif

Best Regards
Stanislaw

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Message 540 after reinstallation of the OS

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search