Liza D'Arcy, PhD
Spain
Local time: 20:52
Member (2017)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 21, 2009

Hi all

I have a problem saving an excel file in target language in tageditor.

I have tried a few things suggested in other posts but the problem still persists. When I try to save I get the following error message (translated, from Spanish) "The opening tag 'cell' in line 1 doesn't coincide with the 'cf' closing cell. Line 1 position 1316." When I try to clean it up, it looks like its doing all the right thing and reaches 100% but then it reads the same error report down the bottom in brown. Does this mean the file has been cleaned up anyway? Do you think it will slide if I send off the cleaned doc and just p.s quickly that it cleaned up but there was a little error down the bottom? That would be awfully unprofessional, wouldn't it? I have replaced the source language in the excel spreadsheet.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Iván Madrigal  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
Broken tag Jun 22, 2009

Hi there,

It seems like the problem here is that one of the opening tags has been corrupted, this normally happens when we miss to add them in the TagEditor file or we add the wrong one.

What I would reccomend is to start from scratch with a brand new source file (download it again from the message it was sent in, if necessary) and pass again your TM on it, should be all saved, so it shouldn´t take very long depending on how big is the file.
Then from the error message you can precise the exact line that is giving the problem, go to it and copy the source string entirely, with the original tags (button in TagEditor with a black arrow pointing to the right side of the screen).
Then translate this line again manualy, respecing the tags, save, clean up the file, make sure all is cleaned and translated in the final Excel file, free of errors and send it to the client.

- I would NOT reccomend sending a corrupted fiel to a client!icon_wink.gif)

Hope this helped!

Bests,
Iván

Liza D'Arcy, PhD
Spain
Member (2017)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Broken tag now not so broken Jun 22, 2009

Thanks Ivan, that's exactly what I did and all is now good.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem saving excel file in target language in tageditor

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search