Problem in TagEditor, strings containing " 'll "
Thread poster: Iván Madrigal

Iván Madrigal  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:40
English to Spanish
Jun 22, 2009

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you came accross this issue before; basically when any of the strings to translate with TagEditor (version contains the characters - 'll - the program throws a server connection error message and closes the string without being able to edit it.
The only way to overcome it I found so far is skipping the line and translating it manually in the final file, but it´s really annoying.

This is only happening since I change my production kit to a new series MacBook Pro and I use BootCamp to launch the system in Windows XP. Can it be related?
I´ve tried re-installing Trados, but no luck either... also, it happens with any format converted with TagEditor; Word, Excel, Powerponit, etc.

Any suggestions is welcome.

Thanks for your time and help in advance.


Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem in TagEditor, strings containing " 'll "

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search