Thread poster: Iván Madrigal (X)
Iván Madrigal (X)
Iván Madrigal (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:37
English to Spanish
Jun 22, 2009

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you came accross this issue before; basically when any of the strings to translate with TagEditor (version 7.0.0.615) contains the characters - 'll - the program throws a server connection error message and closes the string without being able to edit it.
The only way to overcome it I found so far is skipping the line and translating it manually in the final file, but it´s really annoying.

This is only happening since I cha
... See more
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you came accross this issue before; basically when any of the strings to translate with TagEditor (version 7.0.0.615) contains the characters - 'll - the program throws a server connection error message and closes the string without being able to edit it.
The only way to overcome it I found so far is skipping the line and translating it manually in the final file, but it´s really annoying.

This is only happening since I change my production kit to a new series MacBook Pro and I use BootCamp to launch the system in Windows XP. Can it be related?
I´ve tried re-installing Trados, but no luck either... also, it happens with any format converted with TagEditor; Word, Excel, Powerponit, etc.

Any suggestions is welcome.

Thanks for your time and help in advance.

Bests,
Iván
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem in TagEditor, strings containing " 'll "

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »