Problem with my unclean files (TRADOS 2007)
Thread poster: Céline NORMIER
Céline NORMIER
Céline NORMIER
France
Local time: 00:22
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jun 22, 2009

Good afternoon to everybody,

I am working on a Word file and I don't know what I've done but the unclean files clean automatically.
Indeed, the translation of a segment appears on the unclean file as soon as I go the next segment.

Have this already occured to someone or does someone know what it is due to?

Thanking you in advance for your help!

Have a nice evening,

Céline.

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:22
English to Spanish
100% Match? Jun 22, 2009

If the TM you are using has an existing unit that matches the new segment, of course, that unit will display either an exact match (green background) or a partial match, depending on concordance rules established.

Is this what you are experiencing? I guess you know how the TM works but this is the only situation I can think of where the target segment gets filled. There is no way to automatically "clean" a document. I mean, it is a separate function that you must invoke with the do
... See more
If the TM you are using has an existing unit that matches the new segment, of course, that unit will display either an exact match (green background) or a partial match, depending on concordance rules established.

Is this what you are experiencing? I guess you know how the TM works but this is the only situation I can think of where the target segment gets filled. There is no way to automatically "clean" a document. I mean, it is a separate function that you must invoke with the document closed.

[Edited at 2009-06-22 14:31 GMT]
Collapse

István Hirsch
István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Do you mean the source text disappears? Jun 22, 2009

Press „everything visible” (Carriage return) button in the upper line. Does it help?

Céline NORMIER
Céline NORMIER
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works!!! Jun 22, 2009

Dear István,

Thanks a lot, that's working now...

Best regards,

Céline.

Luisa Ramos, CT
United States
English to Spanish
I am glad someone understood your situation Jun 22, 2009

It is still fuzzy to me. I thought you were a newbie to TRADOS.

Hildegard Klein-Bodenheimer (X)
Hildegard Klein-Bodenheimer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Where do I find that button? Jun 25, 2009

@ Istvan and Céline
"Press „everything visible” (Carriage return) button in the upper line. Does it help?"

Hi Istvan and Céline, I just experienced the same problem. Suddenly this morning all my bilingual files only show the translated German text and no longer the English original. (Must be something in the air)

Could you tell me where I press this *„everything visible” (Carriage return) b
... See more
@ Istvan and Céline
"Press „everything visible” (Carriage return) button in the upper line. Does it help?"

Hi Istvan and Céline, I just experienced the same problem. Suddenly this morning all my bilingual files only show the translated German text and no longer the English original. (Must be something in the air)

Could you tell me where I press this *„everything visible” (Carriage return) button*?
Which upper line are we talking about, Word or Workbench? I am not as lucky as Cèline and couldn't figure it out.

Would you once more explain it in steps to me?

Thank you,

Hildegard
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT
United States
English to Spanish
Ahhh! Jun 25, 2009

Hildegard,
Tools
Options
Hidden Text *click

Hildegard Klein-Bodenheimer (X)
Hildegard Klein-Bodenheimer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
It works for me too! Jun 26, 2009

Thank you, Louisa. you saved my night!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with my unclean files (TRADOS 2007)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »