Thread poster: Arthur Godinho

Arthur Godinho  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:14
Member (2009)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 22, 2009

I installed SDL Trados 2009 Studio this weekend.

When I am translating an existing, pre-upgrade project in WorkBench (Suite 2007) all I get is the following message: "No target term available in MultiTerm entry"

The source term is visible, along with the TB's path, but no target term.

Also, adding terms to TB with keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+Shift+S, Ctrl+Shift+T, Ctrl+Shift+N) does not seem to work.

Last, no concordance search. The dialog box does open, but no entries are available.

Just for the record, the TM seems to work great. All the data is there and the tags are populated correctly.

Any ideas??

Thanks to any and all that may post...

[Edited at 2009-06-22 14:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-06-22 16:35 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Francoise Perigaut
Germany
Local time: 03:14
German to French
+ ...
Same problem with the target terms not being displayed Jun 22, 2009

The source term is visible, along with the TB's path, but no target term.
Same here, I installed Studio 2009 this week-end and I had the same problem, but only for terms I had just added on the fly (in Word, of course, since adding terms on the fly doesn't seem to work anymore in TagEditor).
When I restart Workbench and Word, the target terms are displayed again. But that's not a satisfactory answer, of course.

The shortcuts to add terms on the fly don't work either for me, but it works when I use the toolbar. The first time I get an error message, so I re-select the termbase - the selected termbases are not showing anymore for some reason, the window is empty again - and then it works. Most of the time. Sometimes I need a few more attempts. ^^

It is extremely upsetting we have to uninstall MultiTerm 2007 to install Studio 2009 since the compatibility of MultiTerm 2009 with Trados 2007 is very, very deficient. I guess SDL is going to try to fix the bugs of Studio, but are they going to do anything for the compatibility issues with Trados 2007 since 2007 is an old product?

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:14
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Solution Jun 14, 2010

Just in case someone else runs into this problem.

This happened to me with an Excel file I converted and then imported into Multiterm.

The solution is making sure the language names are correct in the Excel file columns prior to conversion. In my case ENGLISH and SPANISH were in uppercase, and I had to change them to title case (English and Spanish) for things to work correctly. Then I had to reconvert the Excel file to mtf and import the data again into Multiterm. Now everything is working the way it should.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WorkBench Message: "No target term available in MultiTerm entry"

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search