WorkBench Message: "No target term available in MultiTerm entry"
Thread poster: Arthur Godinho

Arthur Godinho  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:45
Member (2009)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 22, 2009

I installed SDL Trados 2009 Studio this weekend.

When I am translating an existing, pre-upgrade project in WorkBench (Suite 2007) all I get is the following message: "No target term available in MultiTerm entry"

The source term is visible, along with the TB's path, but no target term.

Also, adding terms to TB with keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+Shift+S, Ctrl+Shift+T, Ctrl+Shift+N) does not seem to work.

Last, no concordance search. The dialog box does open, but no entries are available.

Just for the record, the TM seems to work great. All the data is there and the tags are populated correctly.

Any ideas??

Thanks to any and all that may post...

[Edited at 2009-06-22 14:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-06-22 16:35 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Francoise Perigaut
Local time: 02:45
German to French
+ ...
Same problem with the target terms not being displayed Jun 22, 2009

The source term is visible, along with the TB's path, but no target term.
Same here, I installed Studio 2009 this week-end and I had the same problem, but only for terms I had just added on the fly (in Word, of course, since adding terms on the fly doesn't seem to work anymore in TagEditor).
When I restart Workbench and Word, the target terms are displayed again. But that's not a satisfactory answer, of course.

The shortcuts to add terms on the fly don't work either for me, but it works when I use the toolbar. The first time I get an error message, so I re-select the termbase - the selected termbases are not showing anymore for some reason, the window is empty again - and then it works. Most of the time. Sometimes I need a few more attempts. ^^

It is extremely upsetting we have to uninstall MultiTerm 2007 to install Studio 2009 since the compatibility of MultiTerm 2009 with Trados 2007 is very, very deficient. I guess SDL is going to try to fix the bugs of Studio, but are they going to do anything for the compatibility issues with Trados 2007 since 2007 is an old product?

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:45
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Solution Jun 14, 2010

Just in case someone else runs into this problem.

This happened to me with an Excel file I converted and then imported into Multiterm.

The solution is making sure the language names are correct in the Excel file columns prior to conversion. In my case ENGLISH and SPANISH were in uppercase, and I had to change them to title case (English and Spanish) for things to work correctly. Then I had to reconvert the Excel file to mtf and import the data again into Multiterm. Now everything is working the way it should.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WorkBench Message: "No target term available in MultiTerm entry"

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search