Trados Group buy: Problem entering VAT number
Thread poster: Caroline Lakey

Caroline Lakey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:10
French to English
Jun 23, 2009

Hello,

I have signed up for the current Trados group buy offer. However, when I follow the link I was sent to buy the product, the form on the SDL website will not accept my (French) VAT number (I've tried changing the spacing, to no avail).
I appreciate that SDL is reponsible for sorting out this problem, and I have submitted a contact form about the issue. However, the purchase needs to be made today, and I'm concerned that they may not get back to me in time, so I was hoping that someone might have had the same issue and be able to tell me how they solved it.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give,

Caroline

Heike Roensberg (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Maybe the country code is missing? Jun 23, 2009

Hello Caroline,

I had the same problem when I purchased Trados a year ago. I had a Spanish VAT number then and simply had to write the two letters "ES" before starting the number itself. Maybe you just have to start with "FR"?! I hope, this solves your problem.

Best regards,
Heike

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Already tried that unfortunately Jun 23, 2009

Thanks for your help Heike - unfortuantely I've already tried that!

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved - thanks to top class support from Trados Jun 23, 2009

This problem is now solved. Massimo Ghislandi from SDL contacted me directly following my initial post this morning, and sorted the problem out himself.

Very impressed with this level of support!

Elodie Bonnafous  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:10
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
same problem Jun 23, 2009

I had the same problem yesterday, so I paid with the VAT.

The message said we had to pay till wednesday , and I wasn't sure if I would be there today or tomorrow, so I paid immediately..

Elodie Bonnafous  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:10
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
Unbelievable! Jun 23, 2009

I contacted them about this problem at 11.00 am, and 2 hours later the problem was already settled !!

They do seem extremely serious and reliableicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Group buy: Problem entering VAT number

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search