Trados 2009: concordance search box - paste automatically?
Thread poster: Gillian Searl

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:11
Member (2004)
German to English
Jun 23, 2009

According to the help file:

Concordance Search Window Toolbar
Text box
Displays the current search text. When you select some text in the side-by-side editor window, it is pasted into this box. You can also type text directly into the box.

When I select some text it isn't pasted into this box. I have to cut and paste it myself. Is there any way to do it automatically?

And also is there any way to view the TM and concordance windows at the same time like I am used to in older versions?
Thanks
Gillian

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:11
English to Italian
A tip Jun 23, 2009

Hello,

I am from SDL Trados.

On the automatic pasting I am going to check.

Regarding the ability to see both concordance and TM, this is possible.
You should select the Concordance tab. At the top right corner there is a little triangle that if you click on will open a menu.
If you choose floating - it will pull out the concordance window, which you can then position wherever you like on the screen.

In this way you should be able to see both you TM and concordance windows at the same time.

Jorge Aguilar Juarez  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:11
German to Spanish
F3 Jun 23, 2009

select the text and press F3.

Jorge Aguilar Juarez  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:11
German to Spanish
menu arrow Jun 23, 2009

give a click to the tiny arrow, called "menu", in the respective window and select "floating"

and you will be able to put your TM and Concordance search windows wherever you wishicon_smile.gif

cheers,
Ed

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:11
English
Try this... Jun 23, 2009

Hi Gillian,

Try highlighting the word and pressing F7. This should start a concordance search for this word. You can also right-click on the highlighted word and select Concordance Search from the mouse menu.

You can manually move and place the concordance search window to any location you choose. When you drag the window you will see some directional arrows appear. Place your window on one of the arrows and the window will dock itself in that location.

You can take advantage of this function to move the TM and the concordance windows into separate locations so you can have them open at the same time.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009: concordance search box - paste automatically?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search