Studio 2009 - hotfix for duplicate segment is useless
Thread poster: julienwp

julienwp
France
Local time: 23:13
English to French
Jun 23, 2009

Hi there,

I've just installed Studio 2009 hotfix for duplicates in TM (Unwanted duplicate translation units created in translation memory when changing pre-translated segments). It is available here: http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=2714&r=0.6288148

This doesn't work at all. Trados KB says "This issue does not occur when changing pre-translated context matches, only in pre-translated 100% matches.". Wrong! It happens randomly. Newly created, fuzzy or CM are affected. When a segment contains a tag, it seems to get worse.

The only workaround is to delete or edit segments in the TM tab rather than translating in Studio. What a shame!

Anyone with the same problem? Am I missing something?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Same here Jun 23, 2009

And I will log a support case on that later today.
I'm working with pretranslated ttx-file, where 100% matches in TM are left and my corrected segments are added as a ContextMatch. Shouldn't be so, as in that way any corrections do not make any sense. The TM contains the old "wrong" match and the new corrected one.

julienwp
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I'm not alone then! Jun 23, 2009

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

And I will log a support case on that later today.
I'm working with pretranslated ttx-file, where 100% matches in TM are left and my corrected segments are added as a ContextMatch. Shouldn't be so, as in that way any corrections do not make any sense. The TM contains the old "wrong" match and the new corrected one.

Thanks for confirming Jerzy. This bug is very annoying. In fact, this is the only thing I have to complain about.

By the way, what OS do you use? I'm using Vista and I disabled UAC before installing the hotfix (just in case). But it didn't help...

Regards.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Windows XP SP3 Jun 23, 2009

And this behaviour of Studio is annoying, indeed!

Milan Hudecek
English to Slovak
+ ...
Definitely not alone... Jul 9, 2009

Hotfix applied (it did solve some of the problems it claimed to solve) but all translation units are added in duplicate. I just hope when they really fix it that they will also provide a function to remove duplicates from the memory.

Milan Hudecek
English to Slovak
+ ...
My fault Jul 10, 2009

Milan Hudecek wrote:

Hotfix applied (it did solve some of the problems it claimed to solve) but all translation units are added in duplicate. I just hope when they really fix it that they will also provide a function to remove duplicates from the memory.

Sorry for this post, this was entirely my fault. I had two TM's added to the project, both set to "Update". When I removed one, the "duplicates" disappeared.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - hotfix for duplicate segment is useless

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search